WBCS Syllabus 2019 – Get the West Bengal Civil Service Syllabus and WBCS Executive Exam Pattern 2019. Candidates those who have applied for the West Bengal Civil Services Exam under Executive Category will get the basic and necessary details related to the WBCS Executive Exam. Scroll down the below section and get to know the WBCS Exam Selection Process. Candidates can get the WBCS Syllabus Pdf Free Download from this article. Get to know the WBCS Exam Details 2019-20 here.
Download West Bengal Civil Services Exam Syllabus Pdf 2019
Candidates those who are searching up for the West Bengal Civil Services Syllabus Pdf 2019 can find it here. Here we have listed out the updated WBCS Executive Syllabus Pdf and West Bengal Civil Services Exam Pattern details. Start up your preparation with the West Bengal Civil Services Executive Exam details that are listed below. WBCS Executive Exam Pattern is listed as per Prelims & Mains Exam which will let you know the weightage of each subject and questions. WBCS Exam Pattern is listed for both the Prelims & Mains Exams. WBPSC Mains Exam consists of 8 papers to be attended. Those who clear both the Prelims & Mains Exam will be called for the final interview process for the selected mode. Scroll down the entire article and gather the complete set of details about the WBPSC Civil Services Exam 2019-20.
WBCS Executive Exam Pattern 2019-20
WBPSC Civil Service Exam Pattern for Prelims 2019
|English Composition||25||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Current Events of National & International Importance||25|
|History of India||25|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|Indian National Movement||25|
|General Mental Ability||25|
- The WBCS Prelims Exam is of Objective Type.
- There will be 200 multiple-choice of questions.
- Each question carries ONE mark.
- The WBCS Prelims Exam duration is 2 hours 30 minutes.
WB Civil Service Exam Pattern 2019-20 for Mains
|Paper 1||Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali||200||3 hours|
|Paper 2||English||200||3 hours|
|Paper 3||General Studies – I||200||3 hours|
|Paper 4||General Studies – II||200||3 hours|
|Paper 5||Indian Constitution & Indian Economy||200||3 hours|
|Paper 6||Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning||200||3 hours|
|Paper 7||Optional Subject (Paper – I)||200||3 hours|
|Paper 8||Optional Subject (Paper – II)||200||3 hours|
|Personality Test||200 Marks|
- This WBCS Mains Exam consists of an overall 8 Papers.
- Each paper contains 200 questions and carries 200 marks each.
- The time duration of Each WBCS Main Exams Paper is 3 hours.
- The WBCS Mains Exam comprises of
- 6 Compulsory papers
- 1 optional Subject of 2 paper (Only for Group A & B applied candidates).
WBCS Executive Exam Syllabus 2019-20
West Bengal Civil Service Exam Syllabus for English
- Idioms and Phrases
- Drafting of Report.
- Precis Writing.
- The same words are bearing more than one meaning.
- Vocabulary test
- Phrasal Verbs
- Use of appropriate and qualifying words etc
- Letter writing.
- Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English etc.
WBPSC Civil Service Exam Syllabus for Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali
- Drafting of Report.
- Letter Writing.
- Precis Writing.
- Translation from English to Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali etc.
West Bengal Civil Service Exam Syllabus 2019 – WBCS Executive Syllabus 2019
- General Science
- General appreciation and understanding of science.
- Including matters of everyday observation and experience.
- Economic and political aspects.
- Emphasis will be on the broad general understanding of the subject in its social.
- Geography of India
- Social and Economic Geography of the country.
- Including the main features of Indian Agricultural and Natural Resources with special reference to West Bengal.
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Panchayati Raj
- Community Development and Planning in India.
- Knowledge of the country‘s Political System.
- Indian National Movement
- Nature and character of the Nineteenth Century Resurgence.
- The Growth of Nationalism and Attainment of Independence.
- General Mental Ability
- Natural conclusion.
- Logical perception
WBPSC Civil Service Exam 2019 Syllabus for General Studies
- Indian National Movement.
- General Science.
- Indian History.
- Geography of West Bengal.
- Ozone Layer & related issues
- Geography of India.
- General Knowledge
- Biodiversity and Coastal Regulation Zone.
- Industrial & Environmental Pollution.
- Scientific & Technological Advancement.
- Global Warming.
- Current Affairs – National & International etc.
West Bengal PSC Civil Service Syllabus for Indian Constitution
- Objectives of a five years plan.
- State Finance Commission.
- Functions of RBI and Monetary Policy.
- Fiscal Policy of Government of India.
- Central Finance Commission.
- Constitution of India.
- Role & Functions of RBI.
- Planning process.
- Central State Relation.
- Indian Economy.
West Bengal Civil Service (Executive) Syllabus for Reasoning
- The forcefulness of the Arguments.
- Logical Deduction.
- The implication of sentences.
- Letter Series.
- Data Sufficiency.
- Number series.
- Diagrams Series.
- Symbol Interpretation.
- Perception test.
- The Odd man out.
- Analogy tests.
- Data Interpretation.
- Logical Reasoning.
- Mathematical puzzles.
- Non-verbal reasoning etc.
WBCS Exe. Syllabus for Optional Subjects
- Electrical Engineering.
- Comparative Literature.
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science.
- Civil Engineering.
- Commerce and Accountancy.
- Computer Science.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Medical Science.
- Political Science.